BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Volcano,Wiapia Valley, Hilo, Akaka Falls and more Beaches

This beach was my kids favorite..  The waves were breaking close to the shore, and they were HUGE!! You could only Boggie board.  But we forgot ours......  So they tried to body surf.   Super funny to watch and kind-of scary.  
The Sunset that night was Awesome!!  Even these pictures don't give it justice.  The colors were brighter in person.
This beach was next to million dollar homes.  While we were hanging on the beach, someone was getting married feet away.  The kids snorkled here.
Kenzie is king of the lava hill!
Sleeping turtles..   They were so fun to watch and swim with.
This was at the wedding beach.   Such a pretty place.
This is Body Surf beach.
They have the funniest signs....  We saw signs that said "Donkey Crossing"  What???
This is body surf beach.  When we got home, I was looking at this picture and I realized my girls are the only girls here... Everyone one else was locals and boys....  No wonder people were staring.  Haha
This is the Volcano Kilauea, this vent opened in March. We didn't go so the lava flow.  After we traveled 2 1/2 hours to the volcano the kids didn't want to travel another hour to the lava.  They really wanted to get back and body surf or snorkle.
We are walking through a lava tube.
We are sitting on the volcano rim.
Akaka Falls.

These trees are so cool.  the kids wanted to swing on the vines. and they are huge!!
Wiapia Valley.  Super cool place.

2 comments:

.........Still ME! said...

Oh My Gosh!!! It's beautiful! I can;t even imagine it in person! I am so glad your family was able to go to Hawaii, you all deserve it. As long as I have known you the girls have been talking about going! Thanks for sharing the pics, they are awesome!

Peyton and Jayce said...

So Beautiful! I am glad you found us- and now I have found YOU!
These pictures are amazing! What a great vacation for all of you!