BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 13, 2009

Hunt Expo!!

Ok... one week a year I loose my husband to the Hunt Expo.  You might wonder why since Rob doesn't hunt??  Well... Rob designed the software for the 200 permit draw for the conservation and hunting expo.  Hunters go online and pay $5.00 for each of 200 hunts they wish to try and win.  Then each hunter has to go downtown and enter. Hunters from all over the US and around the world come to this Expo.  Rob has 25 employee's and several volunteers. First he has to set up 20 computers, printers, scanners, network them all and train all staff. I'm very proud of him.  


My dad hunted when I was little but nothing like this... These men and women are serious!!! The Expo was nick named the hall of death. (by me and my kids)  There was more taxidermy than 4 cabella's.  We saw African lions, cheetah's, moose, elk, deer, rams, sheep, grizzly bear, polar bear, animals that I have never seen before with long pointy horns, pig, boar,  you name it it was stuffed and on display.  It is a culture shock.  More camo, baseball caps, facial hair, boots, than anywhere else on the planet.  I must say it is fun and educational.  This hunt expo makes all the money the state needs to make sure these animal and the herds will survive for our children's, children too see. 


1 comments:

amy16 said...

Rob in camo....sexy.